These haunted places in Victoria boasts of malevolent ghouls equipping these houses and castles in Canada. If strange phenomenon and creepy voices entice you, these destinations could be a perfect ghost hunting spot for you-
Point Ellice House, Victoria
The first wing which was just a small cottage was built in 1862. In 1867, it was bought by the O’reilly family. Peter O’ Reilly was among the social elite and was a gold rush magistrate and commissioner. He lived there with his wife and children. Over the years it as had many changes and additions made to it. It remained a home to the O’ Reilly family until they sold it to the provincial government in 1974. It is now a museum and the gardens have also been restored.
Some of the ghosts that are said to haunt here are a little boy in one of the outbuildings, a lady in a blue dress, a boy that seem to be frightened, and a couple of ghosts in the dining room, also footsteps have been heard in the attic and the piano as been known to play by itself.
Hatley Castle, Victoria
The castle was commissioned by coal baron James Dunsmuir in 1908. In the early 1900s he was premier and Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia. He lived there until his death in 1920 and his family continued to live there until 1937. It was purchased by the federal government for military use in 1940 up until 1995. The building has had many different names before becoming Royal Roads Military College in 1968. After 1995 the castle was leased to the provincial government to be used as an education facility.
The paranormal activity that has been witnessed here are pots banging in the kitchen, voices and footsteps are heard, and some ghosts have been seen for eg a women in white and a maid, plus other shadowy figures have been noticed.
Helmcken House, Victoria
This is the oldest house in Victoria which is still in its original state. It was built in 1852 by John Sebastian Helmcken a doctor, who was originally from England and became Victorias first academy trained doctor. The log cabin was built originally with three rooms for him and his wife and was expanded over the years to 10 rooms so it could accommodate their seven children. It remained their family home until 1939. In 1941 it was opened to the public as a museum.
Dr. Helmcken died after a tragic illness and he was cared for by one of his daughters Dolly, she would play the piano for him sometimes for many hours to try and help him through his pain, their spirits are often witnessed at the house, and the piano is heard playing when no one is there.